LUGPA 2019 Regional Meeting: Quest for Quality
March 22 – 23, 2019
The Roosevelt New Orleans
New Orleans, LA
Schedule subject to change
Registration/Information Desk Hours
Location: Chamber Foyer
Friday, March 22, 20194:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, March 23, 20197:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Exhibit Hall Hours
Location: Chamber 2 & 3
Friday, March 22, 20196:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Welcome Reception6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, March 23, 20198:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Didactic lectures, roundtable discussions and expert panels designed to refine your perspective on urology knowledge, care and practice.
Who should attend?
- Urologists and practice administrators
- LUGPA Forward members, defined as early-career physicians with less than 15 years of practice
Acquire actionable techniques and insight to enhance your integrated urology practice.
Delivering high-quality care is the goal of every independent urology practice. Yet, measuring and reporting quality measures has become increasingly more challenging in the emerging value-based market. This meeting will provide a forum to strengthen your knowledge, help you understand how quality is defined, measured and reported, and deliver proven methods to improve clinical excellence.
Special afternoon breakout sessions have been specially designed for LUGPA Forward physicians and Practice Administrators
Introduction on quality including how quality is measured and reported
A panel discussion on how to improve your MIPS scores
For the LUGPA Forward attendees — Strategic Financial Planning/Evaluation of Equity Options and how to leverage marketing and social media to build and enhance your practice
For the Practice Administrator attendees –
- Group Governance
- What does strong vs. weak governance look like in group practice?
- What are the ‘must haves’ of effective governance?
- How does a group develop an effective governance model?
- What is a practice administrator’s role in building and maintaining effective governance?
- New Service Line Opportunities in Urology
- Tap the expertise of the panel and the audience and discuss new urology service lines.
- The audience will drive the selection of the topics for this session.
- The following list of new service lines (plus others not listed here) will be open for discussion:
- Shock Wave Therapy for ED, Catheter Dispensing, In-Office Dispensing, Nitrous Oxide, Vaginal Rejuvenation, Vitamins/Supplements, Newer Office Based Procedures (UroLift, Rezum, SpaceOar) and Molecular Testing for UTIs
Participants will have an opportunity for collaboration and networking.
LUGPA members receive complimentary registration and up to $1,000 in travel reimbursement.
Non-member registration fee is $300; non-members are responsible for all travel expenses.
The LUGPA 2019 Regional Meeting is valued at $300 but is free for LUGPA members. Non-member registration is $300.
Registration Fee Includes
- Entrance to all sessions
- Welcome Reception
- Program Materials
For accommodations based on disability or special dietary needs, please call (847) 517-7225.
Contact the LUGPA Registration Office.
Phone: (847) 517-7225